Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's Up / What's Going On??



I first thought I'd throw some Marvin Gaye in here, but when I was searching for "What's Going On" on youtube, 4 Non Blondes popped up. How could I say no to that 90's one hit wonder?? The flannel. The combat boots. The dark lipstick!! Sigh...

So yes, "WHAT'S GOING ON??" you ask! I am sorry I have not written about week 5 and 6, and it's almost the end of week 7! I have been a little overwhelmed and have not made time to hit the blog. The details of the weeks are a little fuzzy (I am having trouble remembering things that happened a few days ago, or even last night, honestly), but I will give you the headlines! :)

*Diane and Teri left at the end of week 5. Diane taught class on Friday morning, and don't know how she does it, but the woman makes me emotional! It's like she opens her mouth and tears pour from my eyes. So yeah, that class was another tough one for me. To give myself a little credit, this was the week they pulled out all the emotional stuff on us. Staff members told very personal stories of how their lives were drastically changed by doing the yoga, and Manali performed an emotional chant the same evening we heard all the stories. So all that was brewing for me, and I didn't think it had that much of an effect on me. Well, come Friday morning it's HOT, I'm feeling overwhelmed, people are taking photos all class for the yearbook, and because I chose a spot in the front/middle today, I am in the background of a lot of these pictures sitting out postures and/or weeping. Awesome. After sitting out 3 postures in a row, trying to keep myself from making audible sobs, and therefore keeping myself from breathing, I decide it's time.
I. Need. To. Leave. The. Room.
I just had to get myself together so I can finish the class. So that's what I did. Judes came to my rescue and talked me out of totally freaking out.

Other highlights (but I don't know that I would categorize the former as an actual 'highlight') of week 5 & 6:
* Jon Burras (the fascia guy) came to talk to us about ... well... fascia, and his thoughts on parenting, which pushed a couple buttons seeing as he admitted to having no children. So that's neither here nor there. He had some pretty cool props, and I am just like a child - pretty, shiny, colorful things with lots of movement; you've going my attention.






Danielle being a good sport and demonstrating how everything in the body is wrapped with fascia!

* Lisa from San Antonio rallied all the visiting teachers to throw us a pizza party. Let me tell you - this was the most pizza I had ever SEEN. It was like Christmas morning! HUGE stacks of pizza boxes everywhere. What's in this one? What's in the one buried under ten other boxes. It was a TON of food and SO SO SO nice of them!

* Manali had a birthday and was so nice to buy treats for everyone!


Raj and Manali on Raj and Bikram's 25 wedding anniversary.

* We were honored to have Dr. Das (Rajashree's teacher) lecture to us! He was such a sweet man, and gave very informative lectures.



* Posture clinics really gained some speed around week 6. We started doing 2 a day for 3 hours at a time. Unfortunately, I got sick (again, dang it!!) during the same week, and it affected my delivery of postures. I kind of bombed Tree/Toe Stand and Wind Removing, but I rebounded at the beginning of this week after I was able to study well over the weekend, and could once again breathe through both nostrils at the same time.

I think I got all the biggies from the last two weeks... and what the heck, here's a little Marvin, just for fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am far from home. I am out of any sort of conceivable comfort zone. My body aches. Encouragement/cheerleading is very much appreciated :) !!