Shopping for all the silly little things I need to take with me has been a lot of fun, and, most importantly, an awesome distraction! I have studied the Dialogue (the 'script' written by Bikram by which an instructor leads a class), practiced my yoga, and now having my packing list complete makes me feel I am really prepared to go! (And I like being prepared!)
On top of regular clothes, the usual toiletries, camera, laptop, ipod, cell, and needed charging devices, here's a sample of the stuff I am hoping to get into one checked bag (weighing under 50 lbs, mind you) and one carry on bag. (Thanks again for the luggage, mom and dad!)
The list consists of:
- A new bathing suit (that my butt hangs out of. It was the best I could find, really! I figure A. I can sit on my butt and B. Crazy intense yoga twice a day should help that some.)
- LOTS of comfortable clothes for posture clinics
- Two cover-ups for going to and from yoga class - so the other guests aren't "offended" and for the pool!
- Lots of headbands
- New slippers
- A TON of awesome new Shakti fancy pants - so I can wash the funk out easily, and lay them out to dry - no fuss, no muss (Thank you, sweet Charlie :) )
- Dr. Bronners tea tree oil soap to wash said funk out of said Shakti fancy pants
- Tea trea oil to mix with water and clean my mat
- Happy, BRIGHT yellow yoga mat (which, by the way, pretty much doesn't exist in 1/8'' size)
- 2, count 'em, 2 water bottles - see which one I like best
- The biggest container of powdered Gatorade ever created
- Powerbars and granola bars galore
- Hot pot
- Individual serving size blender - it promises to be able to handle ice - we shall see if it lives up to these promises
- Protein powder
- Knock off brand of Emergen-C
- Cutting board and knife
- Earplugs for the Bollywood movies that are said to be played at deafening volumes
- An AWESOME Wonderwoman notebook - a sweet gift from Cindy - she wanted to inspire me to channel my inner Wonderwoman
- GUMMY VITAMINS - HA! They make them for adults, too!!
- Tennis balls - not to hit, but to roll around on - feels good on your back - try it! I have a feeling I'm really going to need those!
- Nail polish for the toes - this is a necessity when most of your time is spent barefoot
- Tupperware - to steal from the buffet!
- New flip flops
- More food stuff - applesauce, fruit leathers, etc.
- LAMINATED AND SPIRAL BOUND DIALOGUE! Oh yeah! So I can study in the hot tub!
A sample of the fancy pants with Wonderwoman in the background. My goal was to buy the most ridiculous print shorts they had. I succeeded!
GUMMY VITAMINS??? How lucky can I get??
Pretty cover up I found at my favorite dress store in town.
So yeah, now I have to *pack* all this .... we'll see how that one goes! I leave at 5:30 am tomorrow!!